We’re looking for a creative and enthusiastic person who can enact eye catching and responsive social media promotions for the Edinburgh Blues Club.
The Edinburgh Blues Club is a not for profit social enterprise formed in January 2017. The club promotes a minimum of 12 shows annually covering a wide spectrum of the blues genre and attracts music fans from all over Scotland and further afield within the UK and Europe. The Edinburgh Blues Club was named as one of 10 heart-warming good cause businesses in Edinburgh you’ll want to support by Wow247. The club has a regular membership of over 100 who attend shows for £10 per month and this is supplemented by non-member ticket sales from various outlets.
We’re looking for a keen fan of live music with an appreciation for the blues who is interested in event management and comfortable using a wide range of social media portals. This would be a voluntary position, but would allow benefits such as free concert tickets, back stage access and the opportunity to join in member and committee events. As the role develops, there would be opportunities to observe and learn from tour managers, agents and venue managers with exposure to riders, contracts and financial summaries, draft press releases and receive an overview of the flyer/poster design, print and distribution processes. The key tasks related to the role would be as follows:
• Formulate approach to social media with the promotions manager and committee in order to enact promotions which place balance both on selling tickets for forthcoming shows and the overall benefits of membership.
• Facebook – Maintain and continue the Edinburgh Blues Club Facebook page to ensure it regularly provide updates on forthcoming shows with links to the website or ticket links tagging artists own pages.
• Share posts on relevant blues/live music Facebook groups for Edinburgh and Scotland
• Update Bandsintown and other related applications
• Twitter – Regularly providing Tweets/Retweets which provide links to the website or ticket links, tagging in the venues and
the relevant artist’s Twitter pages.
• Instagram – Post relevant pictures relating to upcoming shows, these may link into Facebook and Twitter.
• YouTube – Maintain and develop the club’s existing YouTube channel
• Develop other social media portals, such as Pinterest and Linkedin which have basic EBC profiles
• Sharing relevant social media posts from those artists due to perform at the club over the relevant portals
The club would also be happy to be used as a case study for coursework.
To express interest in this opportunity please contact Rich@edinburgh-blues.uk